Residential and Hospitality Services (RHS) and the Department of Resident Education and Housing Services (REHS) have partnered with Student Affairs and Services (SAS) and the Department of Student Life to streamline the process for planning events for registered student organizations (RSOs) and in-hall student organizations.
We have space for weekly and general body meetings, performances, conferences, and special events. Our dedicated staff can help your organization determine the appropriate space and the appropriate set up for your event.
Please note: The event request process varies depending on the student group.
Registered Student Organizations
- All RSO requests for space use in RHS and SAS facilities must be made through Involve@State at involve.msu.edu.
- Directions on how to submit a request can be found in the RSO Handbook.
- RSO Rental Prices for RHS facilities (PDF)
- For assistance, please call 517-355-8286, email email@example.com, or visit us in 101 Student Services Building.
In-Hall Student Organizations
- For assistance, please call University Conference Services at 517-353-9300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not sure where to start?
- Tips for Planning a Successful Event
We have provided Tips for Planning a Successful Event to help student groups start their planning process.
- Timeline for Event Requests
Small-scale events (meetings, info. tables, etc.): Minimum of five (5) business days to process requests.
Large-scale events (catering, outdoor or weekend events, etc.): Minimum of 20 business days to process requests.
- Additional Considerations for Large-scale Events
If the expected attendance is over 100+, the MSU Police will need to review the event plan.
Requests for outdoor events require an Event Planning Form AND the IPF Event Form for Outdoor Use.